The Ross-Blakley Law Library at Arizona State University’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law is accepting applications for the position of Law Librarian. The librarian will provide research support and reference services to the students and faculty of the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law and participate in the library’s instructional services. The College of Law is located in downtown Phoenix, Arizona and is an integral part of Arizona’s legal community.
The Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at ASU seeks an innovative and energetic Law Librarian who loves working with students to join our law library team. Among other duties, this librarian will provide research support and reference services to the students and faculty of the College of Law and participate in the library’s instructional services. This position reports to the Associate Director of the law library.
- Meet one-on-one with law students to provide advice and instruction on legal research.
- Provide in-person research instruction and orientations to College of Law students.
- Work on research projects for College of Law faculty and administration.
- Provide reference services to assist library patrons (students, attorneys, and members of the public) in-person, via the telephone, and through email.
- Create and update online instructional materials.
- Physical presence at the workplace or the college is an essential function or requirement of this job.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the goals of the department.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D) from an ABA accredited institution AND a Master of Library Science (M.L.S.), Master of Library Information Science (M.L.I.S.) or equivalent Library Degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Experience providing reference services in a law library
- Experience working in an academic law library
- Legal research experience
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
- Experience in demonstrating excellent organization and problem-solving skills