The Kresge Law Library at the Notre Dame Law School is hiring for an assistant/associate director position. This faculty position is designed for someone with ambition and drive to become a law library director.
- Supervise four research/reference librarians.
- Review and refine operational policies for the law library.
- Oversee strategic planning for the law library in line with law school and university priorities.
- Manage budgets.
- Teach one or more sections of the first-year introductory legal research course and a topical/advanced legal research course based on the successful candidate’s expertise and interests.
- Participate in the faculty liaison program.
- Provide research service to the faculty and students of the law school, the University community, and the public.
- Participate in the activities of professional organizations.
The salary is nationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University offers a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; 20 vacation days, and approximately 14 paid holidays; retirement options; tuition benefits for dependents; and access to University events. The Law Library pays for individual membership in the American Association of Law Libraries and provides liberal support for appropriate conferences and workshops. The Law Library will also pay annual license/registration fees for one state bar and relocation expenses. The anticipated start date is summer 2020. This is a full-time 36-month faculty appointment with a presumptively renewable contract.