Head of Content Acquisitions & Management
Georgetown University Law Library, located in the nation’s capital, and within walking distance of the U.S. Congress and the Supreme Court, is one of the country’s premier legal research institutions, with a dynamic staff of more than 50 and a collection exceeding one million volumes. We strive to live up to our motto: “Supporting Scholarship, Excelling in Service, Leading in Technology.”
The Head of Content Acquisitions and Management oversees the Content Acquisitions Department, which encompasses activities relating to the acquisition or licensing of information resources for law library collections and the maintenance of the collection. It is responsible for law library functions relating to ordering and acquisition of print, electronic, other non-print, and archival materials; processing and claiming of serial publications in all formats; vendor relations; compilation and reporting of acquisitions, serials, and other collection statistics. This position reports to the Law Library Deputy Director.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited school of library and/or information studies
- Two years of supervisory and/or management experience
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and other technology tools
- Strong capability in performance and management of detail-oriented tasks
- Experience working with codes and data in an integrated library system
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a dynamic and changing environment
- Commitment to enhancing services through teamwork and responsiveness to clients
- Experience with Ex Libris products
- Experience with the acquisition of legal materials
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Georgetown University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce