Librarian, Honolulu Branch Library
$52,802 – $85,801(CL 27)
$63,270 – $102,868 (CL 28)*
Depending on experience and qualifications
ABOUT THE LIBRARY
The Ninth Circuit headquarters library and the administrative office of the Ninth Circuit library system are located in San Francisco. In addition, we have 23 staffed library branches throughout the Circuit to serve the information needs of over 400 circuit, district, bankruptcy, and magistrate judges. We also serve approximately 5,000 employees of court units throughout the Circuit.
For more information about the Ninth Circuit Library, please visit: http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/library/
• Performs legal and non-legal research and reference services for judges, court personnel, branch libraries and other library users.
• Works as a team member in development of web-based and other electronic information delivery services.
• Provides education and training to court staff on Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law, and other research sources.
• Develops training materials, library promotional materials, and research guides.
• For CL-27: Assists in collection development as well as acquisitions and/or cataloging.
• For CL-28: Develops collection; performs all required acquisitions functions for library and chambers collections; catalogs library collection; manages budget for collections and library operations.
• Works as a team member in coordinating services with other branch libraries throughout the circuit.
• Performs interlibrary loan transactions for court personnel.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• M.L.S. degree (or equivalent) from an ALA-accredited library school.
• For CL-27: One year of related specialized experience.
• For CL-28: One year of professional law library experience equivalent to a CL-27. (Work performed at the CL-28 level is more complex and requires more independent responsibility.)
• Ability to travel to court locations in Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and other locations within the circuit.
• Ability to telework as needed.
• Ability to handle occasional moderate to heavy physical activity.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Two (2) years of professional law library experience.
• Demonstrated skills in reference and legal research.
• Experience in the development of SharePoint, Microsoft Teams or other web-based information delivery services.
• J.D. degree.
• Practical experience in acquisitions, cataloging, and technical services.
• Aptitude for performing functions requiring a high degree of accuracy and careful attention to detail.
• Ability to work as a solo librarian and to prioritize demands from multiple users.
• Experience working with people at all levels; effective oral and written communication skills.
Total Rewards and Work-Life Balance
Salary*: Depending on qualifications and experience, $52,802 – $102,868 (CL 27 – CL 28)
Time off: 13 vacation days; 13 sick leave days; 10 paid holidays
Benefits: Employer subsidized health and life insurance plans. Dental, vision, flexible spending account, long-term care plans available. Employer sponsored pension plan and supplemental retirement contribution plans with employer match.
Other Perks: Telework opportunities, eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, mass transit subsidy, reasonable work hours, team environment, creative people, and enhanced vacation accrual-based tenure.
Conditions of Employment
U.S. citizen or a permanent resident in the process of applying for citizenship. Direct deposit of pay required. Provisionally hired pending results of background investigation and fingerprinting. Positions with the U.S. Courts are at-will, excepted service appointments, and may be terminated with or without cause by the Court. Employees are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees. The Ninth Circuit Library reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement, or to withdraw the announcement, without prior written or other notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer