The incumbent functions as the Systems Librarian in the Law Library. The incumbent works under the supervision of the Associate Director of the Law Library. The incumbent uses initiative in to carry out assignments independently without specific instructions. Will be expected to communicate deviations, problems, or unfamiliar issues to the Associate Director of the Law Library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages, develops, and maintains the integrated library system (Alma/ Primo) and coordinates training.
- Acts as the library’s representative for the [Regional] Library Consortium.
- Oversees collection, maintenance, and access to electronic resources.
- Acts as the administrator for the Law School’s Springshare platform.
- Develops and maintains, in collaboration with the law school webmaster, the law library web presence.
- Facilitates the integration of electronic classroom technology.
- Manages licensed database accounts. This includes access, passwords, and permissions.
- Assists in the development of electronic instructional materials.
- Trains staff, faculty, and students in the use of electronic resources. This may require classroom instruction.
- Reviews electronic license agreements.
- Provides timely updates on database access and availability.
- Stays informed on current and emerging library technology.
- Acts as a liaison to the law school’s IT department.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master’s of Library Science degree
- Administrator certification of both Alma and Primo within a year of hired date.
- Knowledge of PC applications, databases, software, and hardware.
- Familiarity with Perl, Linux, HTML and CSS.
- Effectively communicate via oral, written, and virtual formats.